Sometimes there are situations when you need to make the Windows 11 computer turn on itself according to a given schedule. For example, you are going on a long vacation and you have a weak laptop, tablet or phone, then a remote connection to your home or office computer will solve many problems.
Automatic switching on of the PC is done only through the BIOS, by turning on Power On By RTC Alarm or RTC. Windows tools cannot turn on the computer. In this guide, we will analyze how to make the computer turn on on a specific day and time, or every day at 9:00 am.
Steps to make the Windows 11 PC turn on itself during a specified period
To automatically turn on the Windows 11 PC, do the following:
- Turn on your PC and immediately press Del or F2 to enter BIOS.
- In the BIOS, navigate to “tab Extras ” ( the Advanced ).
- Find the RTC or Power On By RTC Alarm option and enable it.
- Next, you can set a schedule to turn on your PC.
- Specify 0 to include every day.