In this article, we will discuss how to add application shortcuts to the Windows 11 desktop, how to create a shortcut to a separate desired file, and how to mark the necessary icons “This PC”, “Recycle Bin“, “Control Panel”, “Network” and “User files”.
Create app shortcuts to the desktop in Windows 11
If you need to add shortcuts to already installed programs in Windows 11, then:
1. Open the start menu and click on the top right corner on “All Apps“.
2. Find the application you need in the list, left-click on it and do not release the button.
3. Now just drag it to the desktop, after which an application shortcut will be created.
Create a shortcut to a specific file in Windows 11
If you want to create a shortcut from any file .txt, .exe, etc., then:
1. Right-click on the required file and select “Show more options” from the context menu .
2. The classic menu will appear, where select Send > Desktop (Create shortcut).
3. Now the shortcut of this file will appear on the Windows 11 desktop.
Display system icons on the Windows 11 desktop
If you need to display icons such as This PC, Recycle Bin, Control Panel, Network, and User Files , which include a folder (documents, downloads, OneDrive, pictures, videos, music, etc.), then:
1 . Go to Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings .
2 . In the new window, select the icons you want to display on the desktop, and then click OK .