Hisense smart TVs run various versions of the proprietary VIDAA operating system, which allows you to access popular streaming apps and services. Downloading new apps on your Hisense TV is easy once you know how. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of downloading apps on all models of Hisense smart TVs.
Install Apps on Hisense Smart TV?
Before you can download apps on your Hisense smart TV, make sure:
- Your TV is connected to the internet via WiFi or Ethernet.
- You have a Hisense account set up for your TV. This is required to access the VIDAA app store.
Downloading the App from the Hisense TV App Section
On Newer Models (2018 Onwards):
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Select the VIDAA icon from the home screen. This opens the VIDAA launcher.
- Select the My App icon and click on it.
- Now Select App Store
- Browse or search for the app you want. You can select Categories or enter a search term.
- When you’ve found the app, select it and then choose Download.
- If prompted, enter your Hisense account username and password and sign in. This is required to download apps.
- The app will now download and install automatically. Progress will be displayed on the screen.
- When done, you’ll see an “Open” button, which means the app is ready to use. Select Open to launch the app.
On Older Models (2017 and Earlier):
- Press the V button on your remote.
- Select the My App icon and click on it.
- Select the App Store icon.
- Continue as mentioned above.
Download Apps on Hisense VIDAA TV from VEWD Store
Hisense’s own proprietary smart TV operating system is called VIDAA. Most modern Hisense TVs come with the VIDAA OS, which has its own app store called VEWD. Here are the steps to download apps from the VEWD store on your Hisense VIDAA TV:
- Using your Hisense TV remote, go to the VIDAA home screen. This is usually done by pressing the “Home” button.
- On the home screen, select the VEWD app store icon. This is the icon labeled “App Store”.
- The VEWD app store will open. Browse through the categories or use the search bar to find your desired app.
- When you find the app, select it and choose the “Install” option.
- The app will begin downloading immediately. The download progress will show on the screen.
- Once the app has finished installing, you will see an “Open” button. Select this to launch the newly installed app.
- The app is now installed and ready to use from the VIDAA home screen or app menu.
How to Install Apps on Hisense Roku TV
Many Hisense smart TVs come with the Roku TV operating system. Roku TVs get access to the expansive Roku Channel Store for app downloads. Here is how you can download apps on your Hisense Roku TV:
- Use the Roku remote and go to the Home screen.
- Scroll down and select Add Channels on the left sidebar. This will open the Roku Channel Store.
- Browse or search for the app you want to install. For example, search for “Netflix”.
- Select the app from the search results and choose “Add Channel” or “Install.”
- The app will now start downloading. Progress will show on the screen.
- You will see a “Got It” button once installed. Press this to exit the installation screen.
- The app will now show up on your Roku Home screen. Press the icon to open the newly added channel.
- Log in to the app using your account credentials to start using it.
The Roku Channel Store gives access to thousands of streaming apps and games. Paid channel subscriptions can be added via the Channel Store itself. Adding apps on Roku TV is very quick and easy.
Get Apps on Hisense Fire TV
Some Hisense smart TV models come with Fire TV built-in. Fire TV uses Amazon’s app store to download apps and games. Here is how to get apps on your Hisense Fire TV:
- From the Fire TV home screen, go to “Find” and open the “Apps” section. This is where you can find the Amazon App Store.
- Browse or search for the app you want to install. For example, search for “Disney+”.
- Select the app and click “Get” or “Download”. This will install the app on your Hisense Fire TV.
- The app will download and install automatically. Progress will be displayed on the screen.
- Once installed, you can find and launch apps from the Fire TV home screen apps row.
- Log in with your account info when opening the app for the first time.
The Amazon App Store has most major apps like Netflix, Hulu, SlingTV, and more. Some apps like YouTube may need sideloading with an APK file since they aren’t available officially. The app downloading process for Fire TV is quick and straightforward.
Download Apps on Hisense Google TV
Hisense Google TVs include the latest Android TV operating system along with Google’s content recommendations and apps. Here is how you can download apps from the Google Play Store:
- Select the Play Store app From the Google TV home screen to open it.
- Browse or search for the app you want to install on your Hisense Google TV.
- Select the app and click “Install”. This will begin downloading the app.
- A download progress indicator will show you the status. Once it reaches 100%, the “Open” button will appear.
- Click “Open” to launch the app immediately, or find it on the home screen to open later.
- Sign in to the app or service with your Google or TV provider account to use it.
The Google Play Store gives you access to movies, shows, sports, and thousands of Android apps & games. The downloading process is quick with a high-speed internet connection.
Download Apps on Hisense Android TV
Some Hisense smart TV models run on regular Android TV software without the Google TV interface. The app download process is the same as Google TV:
- Access the Google Play Store on your Hisense Android TV.
- Search or browse for the app you wish to install. For example, search for “PBA”.
- Select the app and tap “Install” to begin the download.
- Monitor the download progress from the indicator on your screen.
- Once downloaded, select “Open” to launch the app or find it on your home screen to open later.
- Log in with the required credentials when opening the app for the first time on your TV.
The process is quick, and you can access Google’s entire app library, enabling you to add the latest Android apps and games to your Hisense Android TV.
How to Download Apps on an Old Model Hisense TV
Some older Hisense smart TV models may not support app installation. If your Hisense TV runs Opera OS or an older VIDAA version, here are some options to install apps:
- Check if your Hisense smart TV model supports Opera TV Store app installation. If yes, you can install apps via this store.
- For TVs without an app store, use the Aptoide TV APK to sideload popular Android TV apps. Download Aptoide TV from their official website.
- Use a USB drive to transfer app APK files to your Hisense smart TV from a computer. Locate the file using File Manager and install it.
- Screen mirroring can also help get mobile apps on the big screen. Enable screen mirroring and connect your Android phone to view its display.
- If your Hisense TV model does not support apps, consider getting an affordable streaming device like Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, or Chromecast.
While app support is limited on such models, these alternative options can help provide popular streaming and entertainment apps lacking on the TV.
Install Third-Party Apps on Hisense Smart TV
Here are some tips for installing third-party apps and APK files on your Hisense smart TV if not available on the official app store:
- Enable app installation from “Unknown Sources” in your TV settings. This allows sideloading external apps.
- Download the APK file for the app you want to install on a computer or smartphone. Transfer it to a USB drive.
- Plug the USB drive into your Hisense smart TV. Locate the APK file using File Manager.
- Select the APK file and install it. This will install the app on your Hisense TV’s home screen or app menu.
- Alternatively, use a trusted third-party app store like Aptoide TV to find and install unavailable Android TV apps easily.
- You can also install apps by screen mirroring from your compatible smartphone using Chromecast built-in or Miracast.
With these methods, you can install region-locked or restricted apps on Hisense smart TVs that may not be officially available in your country or region.