Game Mode is designed to optimize Windows 11 system settings for the best gaming experience. The system automatically understands if a game is running, disables update centre drivers, notifications, and various prompts and tries to improve the frame rate.
Gaming Mode is enabled by default in Windows 11. This feature may seem necessary for gamers, but problems may arise for ordinary users with slower PCs and laptops.
Windows may think that a game is running when starting a regular program. The system is then optimized for game mode when you are not playing, leading to strange errors and performance.
Here, we will analyze how to enable and disable the game mode in the Windows 11 operating system.
Steps to Enable Game Mode on Windows 11
1. Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings app.
2. Visit the path: Gaming> Game Mode.
3. Under Game Mode, drag the slider to Enable.
Steps to Disable Game Mode on Windows 11
1. You can use Windows + I keys to open the Settings app
2. Go to Gaming> Game Mode.
3. Under Game Mode, drag the slider to Disable.