Many of you wonder what you can improve a little bit on your PC or laptop using a hidden option “Ultimate Performance” (highest performance) in the power supply Windows 11.
Some PCs can use an uninterruptible power supply, and the system can identify it as a battery, thus setting an economic or balanced power scheme. This also applies to laptops, where the system chooses a balanced power scheme by default so as not to drain the battery.
The maximum performance setting is designed to improve the performance of workstations and servers through more excellent optimization in the power scheme. Let’s look at how to get the Maximum Performance out of your Windows 11 PC.
What gives the maximum performance on Windows 11 PC?
- The hard drive never goes to sleep.
- Sleep and sleep are disabled.
- The maximum processor frequency is at the maximum.
Steps to enable maximum performance on Windows 11
1. Run PowerShell as administrator and enter the following line:
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
2. Now press the Win + R key combination, and a search box will appear where you have to enter powercfg.cpl (It will open the power schemes options)
3. Click the “Show additional plans’ option, and you will see a new option “, Ultimate Performance”, which did not exist before.
4. Finally, select the “Ultimate Performance” box to enable maximum performance on Windows 11 PC.