By default, in Windows 11, you will not be able to enable the “Projecting to This PC” feature in the settings, as the function is inactive due to the wireless display add-on not being installed. It will show that this device does not support Miracast signal reception, so wireless projection is impossible.
Steps to Enable “Projecting to This PC” on Windows 11
To enable the “Projecting to This PC” feature, you must install Wireless Display in Windows 11. To do this:
- Head over to the Settings app from the Start Menu.
- On the Settings window, from the left panel, you need to select Apps.
- Now on the right side, you need to click on Optional features.
- Tap on the ‘View features’ option next to the “Add an optional feature” section.
- A dialog box will appear where you need to click on the search bar and type “Wireless Display”.
- Now search results will display where you have to tick the checkbox next to Wireless Display and Tap on the Next button.
- Finally, tap on the Install button, and the Wireless Display feature will automatically download and install on the PC.
- Once the installation finishes, you will see it as Installed under the Recent actions section.
- Now restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
To remove the wireless display component, you must visit this path: Settings> Applications > Optional features. On the right, find “Wireless Display” in the list, click on it and “Uninstall“.