MAC ( Media Access Control ) is the identifier of a network device or NIC interface. Every computer, phone, or laptop has a network card (NIC) that provides connections to the Internet, other computers, or servers on the network. In other words, when you send a file to a person, and in order for it to be delivered on the correct path, you need a MAC address. It is also called a physical address. In this manual, we will analyze how to find out the MAC address of a computer running the Windows 11 operating system.
Steps to find the MAC address on Windows 11
- If you need to find out the MAC address of network adapters, even those that are not currently being used, then press the Win + R key combination
- Enter ncpa.cpl to open the network adapters.
- Double click on the network adapter you need and select “Details” in the new window.
- In the next window, click on the “Physical address” column, this is the MAC address of your network interface.
- You can also run Command Prompt as administrator and enter a command getmacthat will display all connected network interfaces with a MAC address.