When you run games or programs in Windows 11 and Windows 10, you may encounter the error message “Unable to continue code execution, because the system has not found CONCRT140.dll. To resolve this problem, try to reinstall the program” or “Can not run the program, as the computer is not found or is missing CONCRT140.dll”.
The concrt140.dll library is part of a Visual C ++ component that may be damaged. In addition, if you downloaded a game or program from a torrent, the CONCRT140.dll file may be blocked by an antivirus product.
Here, we will analyze how to fix the error with the CONCRT140.dll file, and where to download the original concrt140.dll for Windows 11/10.
Known variants of this error are:
- Cannot register concrt140.dll
- concrt140.dll could not be located
- concrt140.dll Access Violation
- The procedure entry point concrt140.dll error
- concrt140.dll crash
- concrt140.dll was not found
- concrt140.dll is missing
- concrt140.dll error loading
- Cannot find concrt140.dll
- Error loading concrt140.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- There was a problem starting concrt140.dll. The specified module could not be found.
The concrt140.dll file is located in two paths: C: \ Windows \ System32 and C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64
How to Fix CONCRT140.dll Error in Windows 11/10
1. Repair Visual C ++
Go to the Apps & Features setting and find Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 in the list. Highlight it with one click and click on ” Change “, then in a new window ” Fix “. Restart your PC and check if the error with the CONCRT140.dll file is resolved when starting the game or program.
You must patch the two-bit versions of Visual C ++ 2015-2019 (x64) and (x86).
2. Download Visual C ++ 2015-2019
If the above method did not help, then you need to download the latest version of Visual C ++ 2015-2019 from the official website, but before that, you must remove the already installed ones.
- Remove Visual C ++ 2015-2019 x86 and x64
- Download Visual C ++ 2015-2019 vc_redist. x86 .exe and vc_redist. x64 .exe
- Install two bits and restart your PC.
3. Download original concrt140.dll
If you need to download the original concrt140.dll file, then it is better to do this through the proven winbindex service, which downloads system files for Windows using the update manifest.
Alternatively, you can take the file from another Windows 11/10 PC or laptop, or ask a friend to drop it over the internet. It is safer than downloading from third party sites.