New World is a game from Amazon that gained the highest popularity in a week, overtaking CS GO and DOTA 2. After the update on October 6, many users have encountered an error when starting the New World game, which sounded like this:
Steam must be running to play this game. Make sure you are logged into Steam, then try again.
New World Unrecoverable Error in Windows 11
Untrusted system file (C: \ Windows \ System32 \ TextShaping.dll)
The issue could be related to certificates that Steam could not process and read some files as unsafe. Let’s take a step-by-step look at what We did and how to fix the Unrecoverable Error and Easy Anti-Cheat errors in Windows 11.
1. Open Steam and click on “Library”. Next, right-click on the New World game and select Manage > View Local Files.
2. Open the EasyAntiCheat folder then Certificates and delete everything that is in this folder.
3. Go back to the library with games and click again with the right mouse button on the game New World, then select “Properties”. Next, click on “Local files” and on the right on “Check the integrity of game files”.
Fix Easy AntiCheat Service
If the above method did not help to eliminate the error starting the New World game, then we will restore the Easy AntiCheat service.
1. Open the local New World game file browser as described in step 1 above, then open the EasyAntiCheat folder.
2. Now you have to Right-click on EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe and then select “Run as administrator”.
3. Make sure that the game is New World, then click on “Help with recovery”. Wait until the end of the process and start the game.