In the Windows 11 or 10 Task Manager, you can see that the WaasMedic Agent Exe process loads the hard disk drive (HDD) to 100%. The problem is that you are using a hard drive that is outdated as a technology. We suggest you buy an SSD drive, this will increase performance many times over, and you will not see a natural load. If this is not possible, then we will explain what the WaasMedic Agent Exe process is in Windows 11 or 10 and how to fix the high load on the components of a PC or laptop.
What is WaasMedic Agent Exe?
WaasMedicAgent.Exe is a system service that fixes and protects other update-related services like Windows Update. For example, if you manually disable the Windows Updates service, the WaasMedicAgent.Exe process will start automatically over time. To run Windows Update without any errors/issues, the WaasMedic service was introduced.
WaasMedicAgent.Exe Causing High CPU and Disk Usage?
Follow the easy and quick ways to eliminate the culprit when WaasMedicAgent.Exe is loading the disk on Windows 11 or 10.
- First of all, you need to wait until the WaasMedicAgent.Exe service completes the analysis of the system since it fires every 20 hours and checks if all update services are working correctly.
- Connected USB devices can give various errors and load on Windows 10. Turn off your PC, remove everything from USB ports, and start Windows 11 or 10.
- Insufficient disk space can lead to stress. Clean up unnecessary files from the disk.
Ways to Fix WaasMedic Agent Exe 100% Disk Usage in Windows 11 or 10
1. Pause updates
If you have errors while installing updates in the update centre, then it is prudent to pause them so that the WaasMedic Agent Exe process does not work every time, trying to fix them without result.
Malicious software can disguise itself as the WaasMedic Agent Exe process and impersonate a legitimate service, thereby performing malicious operations on the system and placing a load on device components.
- Check the system with an antivirus scanner.
- Also, you can run the built-in antivirus in offline scan mode.
3. Disable windows update medic service
You should understand that this is a temporary solution since WaasMedic Agent Exe is a critical system process responsible for the operation of update services, and it is not recommended to disable it for a long time if you need Windows updates. Also, if disabled manually, you will receive an ” access denied ” error. What to do?
- Download Windows Update Blocker and unzip it to a convenient place; we recommend it on your desktop.
- Find the Wub_x64.exe file in the folder and run.
- Set ” Disable updates ” and uncheck ” Protect service settings “.
- In services, we find that windows update ” medic ” is stopped and disabled. You can start everything back at any time using this program.