Windows 11 OS will only be compatible with systems equipped with a TPM 2.0 chip, only on the CPUs specifically mentioned, and only with a GPU that supports DirectX 12. For reference, the processor lists are:
- Intel: From the eighth generation onwards.
- AMD: Some 2nd Gen (2000) Ryzen are supported, some are not.
- Qualcomm: All chipset used so far in Windows on Arm systems except the very first, the Snapdragon 835
However, it is possible to force the installation of Windows 11 even on PCs whose minimum requirements are not met due to the TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. Windows 11 introduced new minimum specifications required to run the operating system. Therefore, your PCs, especially those with a few years behind them, may display the message “ Windows 11 cannot be run on this PC ” within the PC Health Checker app.
Here, we will explain how to get around the new limitations imposed by Microsoft on the presence of the TPM 2.0 chip and Secure Boot in order to install Windows 11.
Disclaimer: We will not be held responsible for hardware and software damage caused by this or other guides published on our website 5gmobilephone.net. Before taking any initiative, we strongly recommend making a complete backup of apps, photos and documents.
Force Windows 11 installation Required Tools
- Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool, Rufus and similar programs.
- Pendrive with a storage capacity of at least 8GB.
- Windows 11. ISO file.
- REG file to bypass the TPM and Secure Boot check.
Steps for Windows 11 Force Installation
- Create the pen drive containing the operating system with your favourite tool.
- You need to copy the REG file to the newly created Pendrive.
- Now start the PC by choosing boot from a USB device.
- When you arrive at the screen for choosing the edition of the operating system, start the Command Prompt using the combination of the SHIFT + F10 keys.
- You need to run Notepad by typing “notepad” and hitting Enter.
- Now, click on “Open” and locate the USB drive (To be able to view the REG file, it will be sufficient to choose the view of all files, instead of the default .txt)
- At this point, you should see the affected file, select it and right-click “join” from the drop-down menu.
- In the window that appears click on the “yes“ button.
- Once you confirm that everything went well, you can close both Notepad and Command Prompt.
- Now, select the preferred edition and the installation will continue normally, without being blocked due to the incompatibility of the PC with the TPM chip and SecureBoot.
Were you able to install Windows 11 on your incompatible PC? Let us know in the comments.