The Fox Sports app is a popular way for sports fans to watch live games and highlights from leagues like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, and more. However, many users have reported issues with the Fox Sports app not working properly on streaming devices like Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, and Firestick.
If you are having problems getting the Fox Sports app to work on your streaming device, you can try several troubleshooting steps to resolve the issues.
What To Do When Fox Sports App is Not Working?
Here are some tips on how to fix the Fox Sports app when it’s not working on Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Firestick:
Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing to check is that your internet connection is strong and stable. The Fox Sports app requires a minimum internet speed of 3 Mbps for smooth streaming, so run a speed test to ensure you are getting at least that much bandwidth.
The app cannot work properly if your internet is too slow or disconnected. Try connecting your device directly to the router with an ethernet cable to see if that resolves any WiFi issues. Restarting your modem and router can also help reconnect if the internet connection has dropped.
Update The App
Be sure you are running the latest version of the Fox Sports app, as outdated versions are more prone to having issues. You can check for app updates on Android TV in the Play Store.
- On Apple TV, updates should be installed automatically or triggered manually.
- Go to Settings > System > System update for Roku to prompt an update check.
- On Fire TV devices, go to Settings > Applications > Manage installed applications and select Fox Sports to see if updates are available.
Installing the newest app version might resolve any bugs or glitches preventing the stream from playing correctly.
Reinstall The App
If updates do not help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fox Sports app completely. This will clear out any corrupted files or cached data that could be causing problems.
- On Android TV, hold down the app icon and select Uninstall.
- Go to Settings > Apps on Apple TV and find Fox Sports in the list to delete it.
- For Roku, go to Settings > Apps > Manage apps, select Fox Sports, and choose Remove channel.
- On Fire TV, go to Settings > Applications > Manage installed applications, select Fox Sports, and choose Uninstall.
After removing the app, download a fresh copy from the respective app store.
Check App Permissions
The Fox Sports app may require certain permissions, like access to storage, location, or microphone/camera, to function properly. Ensure the app has been granted the necessary permissions and that none have been disabled.
- On Android TV, go to Settings > Apps > Fox Sports > Permissions to view and adjust what has been allowed.
- On Apple TV and Fire TV, permissions cannot be adjusted.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone > Fox Sports for Roku to check mic access.
Enabling needed permissions for the Fox Sports app could get streaming working again.
Log Out and Log Back In
Sometimes, app issues can be fixed by signing out of your Fox Sports account entirely and then logging back in fresh. On the Fox Sports app’s main login screen, see if there is an option to “Sign Out” of your account profile.
After signing out, input your credentials again to log back into the app and reconnect it to your account. This may resolve any conflicts related to your account that were causing streaming problems.
Force Stop/Clear Cache
Try forcing the Fox Sports app to close and clear its cache fully for Android TV devices. Go to Settings > Apps > Fox Sports > Storage, then select Clear Cache and Clear Data to wipe the app back to defaults.
You can also go to Settings > Apps > Running Services and force stop the Fox Sports app process. Restarting the app after flushing the cache may help get streaming running again.
Some TV platforms like Apple TV and Fire TV offer parental control restrictions that could inadvertently block streaming video from the Fox Sports app. Ensure that the app has not been restricted under any enabled parental controls.
- On Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Restrictions to review options that may be blocking content.
- On Fire TV, go to Settings > Preferences > Parental Controls for a similar review.
Disabling restrictions could allow the Fox Sports app to once again work normally.
Try a Different Device
To help narrow down the issue, try installing the Fox Sports app on another streaming device or smart TV platform connected to the same network. If the Fox Sports app loads properly and allows streaming on another device, then the problem is isolated to the original streaming box.
You can continue troubleshooting or consider replacing a defective or outdated device on which the app is not working correctly. Testing on alternate devices helps determine whether the issue stems from the app or your specific hardware.
If you still cannot get the Fox Sports app to work after trying the above steps, reach out to the app’s official support channels. You can visit the Fox Sports website and look for a “Contact Us” link to contact customer service by email.
There may also be a feedback option within the app that connects you with the support team. They can look into any specific error messages and troubleshoot the problem on their end. Be prepared to provide details about your setup and any error notifications you receive when trying to stream.
Factory Reset Device
As a last resort, you can factory reset your streaming device to restore it to a clean, original state. This will erase all data and settings, including anything related to the Fox Sports app issues.
- Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset on Android TV devices and choose Factory data reset.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings for Apple TV.
- On Roku, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.
- For Fire TV, Select Settings > Device > Reset to factory defaults.
Set your device up again from scratch after resetting to see if a fresh start resolves the Fox Sports app problems.
With streaming services like Fox Sports Go, watching your favorite teams and matches live or on-demand should be simple and straightforward. However, app issues can arise on the various streaming hardware platforms.
Troubleshooting your internet connection, app updates, and permissions, account logins, restrictions, cached data, and device factory resets can all help restore functionality when the Fox Sports app is not working properly on your Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, or Firestick. Reaching out to customer support and testing on alternate devices also assists in diagnosing the underlying problem. With the right fixes and workarounds, you can get back to streaming sports through the Fox Sports app on your preferred streaming TV platform.