Resetting your Hisense Roku TV can help resolve various issues and refresh the device to factory default settings. This process clears all personal data, accounts, and customized settings on the TV and starts everything fresh. Resetting is quick and straightforward when you have the original Roku remote that came with your Hisense TV. However, if you’ve lost your remote, don’t worry – you can still reset the TV through alternative methods. Here is a comprehensive guide on resetting your Hisense Roku TV with and without the remote control.
Reset Hisense Roku TV with Remote
The easiest way to reset your Hisense Roku TV is by using the Roku remote that originally came with it. Here are the simple steps:
- Ensure your Hisense Roku TV is turned on. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Use the directional pad to scroll up or down and highlight the Settings icon. Press OK to select it.
- From the Settings menu, select System.
- Choose Advanced system settings.
- Scroll down and highlight Factory reset. Press OK.
- A factory reset confirmation message will appear. Select Factory to reset everything.
- Your TV will now reset itself to factory default settings. The device will restart a few times during the process.
- When complete, you must set up your Roku TV from scratch, including re-linking to wifi networks and Roku/Hisense accounts. Follow the on-screen instructions.
That’s all there is to it! With just your Roku remote, you can easily hard reset the TV and restore it to its original factory settings. This can resolve many technical issues and glitches.
How to Reset Hisense Roku TV without Remote
You can reset the device using alternative methods if you’ve lost or broken your Hisense Roku TV remote. Here are a few ways to reset the TV without the remote control:
Power Cycling Method
- Turn off your Hisense Roku TV completely by unplugging it from the power source or switching the power outlet off.
- Leave the TV unplugged for 2 full minutes. This clears any residual power left in the device.
- Plug the TV back in and turn the power outlet on.
- As soon as the Hisense logo appears on the screen, press and hold the power button on the TV set
- Keep holding the power button down continuously until the factory reset prompt appears on the screen. This usually takes 20-30 seconds.
- When you see the prompt, release the power button.
- Use the volume keys on the TV to highlight ‘Factory Reset’ and press the power button again to confirm.
- The TV will now reset back to factory default settings. The device will automatically restart a few times during the resetting process.
- When complete, the Roku TV startup screen will appear, and you’ll have to set up the TV from scratch. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Link the TV back to your wifi, Roku, and Hisense accounts. Reinstall any apps you wish to use.
That’s all there is to it! The power cycling method forces the TV into recovery mode so you can reset it without the remote control. Just be sure to hold the power button as soon as the logo appears in step 4. If the main interface loads, you must power cycle the TV again. With this method, you can factory reset your Hisense Roku television to resolve issues or clear personal data before selling.
Using the Roku App
You can reset your Hisense Roku TV using the official Roku app if you have a mobile device. Here are the steps:
- Download and open the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Ensure your mobile device is connected to the same wireless network as your Roku TV.
- Tap on the Remote icon at the bottom of the app screen.
- Select Settings on the remote menu.
- Tap Factory Reset and then select Factory Reset Everything.
- The app will send the factory reset command to your Roku TV.
- The TV will immediately restart and display reset screens. Allow 2-3 minutes to reset fully.
- You can then set up the freshly reset Roku TV using the mobile app.
The Roku app provides direct software access to reset your TV remotely over the local network. This even works if you misplace the physical remote control.
Use a USB Drive
Here’s how to reset your Hisense Roku TV using just a simple USB flash drive:
- Turn on your TV and insert a USB flash drive into one of the USB ports.
- On the drive, create a plain text file named reset_tv.txt
- Save the file while leaving the drive inserted, and press the physical reset button on the back of the TV.
- After 10 seconds, the TV will reset, utilizing the special reset file on the USB drive.
- The TV may display an update screen or recovery menu but will reset in a few minutes without any input.
This method essentially forces a reset, whether the remote works or not, using the USB file as a control trigger. Just make sure your flash drive only has the one reset file.
Use the Buttons on the TV
- Turn on your Hisense Roku TV and press the physical Home button on the TV set.
- Next, press and hold down the Up arrow on your TV for around 5 seconds. Keep it held down until the Factory Reset prompt appears.
- The TV will take you through the reset process. Allow it to restart.
- You’ll have to set up the newly reset TV using the buttons on the set. Navigate through by pressing the arrow keys.
Why Reset a Hisense Roku TV?
Resetting your Hisense Roku TV returns it to the original factory settings. This can be helpful for several reasons:
- Fixing performance issues or glitches
- Removing personal account connections and settings
- Preparing the TV before giving it away or selling it
- Removing smart hub bloatware and extra apps
- Resolving wifi connection problems
- Clearing watch/search histories and other data
- Switching Roku/Hisense accounts on the device
Factory reset is also recommended before upgrading to the latest firmware or performing major system updates. It provides a clean software slate. Just be sure to backup any files, settings, or apps you want to keep before resetting. The process will wipe the TV’s internal storage completely.
What Else Should I Know About Resetting?
Here are some other quick tips regarding resetting your Hisense Roku television:
- Reset will remove all apps, including any you’ve installed yourself
- Streaming channel logins will have to be re-entered
- TV settings like picture quality will revert to the default
- No personal data like wifi passwords or search history remains
- Parental controls and kids mode will be disabled
- Make sure the TV is connected to the internet during setup after reset
- An antenna or cable connection is required for live TV channels
- Sample TV input names will return to defaults like HDMI 1 instead of custom names
- The reset process takes 10+ minutes to restart the system fully
- The TV remote may have to be re-pair after resetting the television
- Factory reset is not the same as a simple device restart
So, in summary, resetting your Hisense Roku TV clears all user data and customization, resolving many issues in the process. Just be patient as the TV restarts and undergoes initial setup again. Refer to the step-by-step instructions above to reset with either the Roku remote or alternative methods.