Hisense smart TVs run on various operating systems like VIDAA U, VIDAA, or Android TV. They allow you to access many apps and streaming services. However, sometimes you may face issues with apps not working properly on your Hisense smart TV. Here are some troubleshooting tips to fix Hisense smart TV apps that are not working:
What to Do if Hisense Smart TV Apps are Not Working?
Check the Internet Connection
The first thing to check is your internet connection. Apps require an active internet connection to work properly. Follow these steps:
- Ensure that your TV is connected to your home WiFi network. Go to the settings menu and ensure the WiFi is enabled and connected to your network.
- If you use a wired ethernet connection, check that the ethernet cable is firmly plugged into the TV and your router/modem.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting to the WiFi or ethernet to refresh the connection.
- If other devices connected to the same network have internet access, the issue is likely with the TV connection.
- Restart your wireless router and modems if the internet is not working on multiple devices. This forces the devices to reconnect to the network.
- Check for any firmware updates for your router. Old firmware can cause connectivity issues.
- If you have wired and wireless internet issues, try a speed test. Go to fast.com and check if your internet speed matches your plan. Contact your ISP if speeds are too slow or inconsistent.
Having a strong and fast internet connection will ensure apps can fetch data and content properly.
Update the App
If the app is installed but crashes or does not load content, an app update might be required. Follow these steps:
- Open the App Store/Google Play store on your Hisense TV.
- Go to the list of installed apps and check if any updates are available for the problematic app.
- If an update is available, install it and check if it fixes the app’s issues.
- For apps like Netflix or Prime Video, you can also uninstall and reinstall the latest version if updates are unavailable.
App developers regularly push out bug fixes and performance improvements in-app updates. Having the latest version can resolve many common problems.
Restart the TV
Sometimes, apps may fail to load their data properly and get stuck. Simply restarting the TV can help reset these temporary glitches.
- Locate the power button on your Hisense TV, or the included remote.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds till the TV turns off.
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet and leave it disconnected for 2-3 minutes. This clears any cached memory.
- Reconnect and turn on the TV. Load the problematic app and check if the issues persist.
- You can reboot from the settings menu for smart TVs without a dedicated power button. Go to the ‘System’ or ‘Device’ options and select the reboot function.
Restarting clears any software glitches and reconnects network interfaces afresh. This simple step solves many common issues with apps on smart TVs.
Clear App Cache and Data
Over time, corrupt app caches and outdated data accumulate on your Hisense TV, which can disrupt the apps’ functioning. Clearing the cache and app data helps reset the app into a clean state.
- Go into individual app settings and choose the ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear data’ options.
- After deleting the cache and data, re-launch the apps to load their fresh, updated content and files.
- Clearing app data will also sign you out, forcing you to log in again.
Delete and Reinstall the App
If updating does not help, uninstalling and reinstalling the app can fix software issues.
- Navigate to the list of installed apps in the TV settings or app store.
- Find the problematic app and select the ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Delete’ option. Confirm when prompted.
- After uninstalling, reboot the TV and reconnect to the internet.
- Open the app store and search for the app you removed. Select Install to download and install a fresh copy.
- Try launching the app again and check if the problems persist.
This will force a clean reinstallation of all app data and refresh any corrupted files. A fresh install can often solve lingering software issues.
Disable Energy Saving Settings
To optimize performance and conserve energy, Hisense TVs have certain power-saving configurations enabled by default. This can potentially disrupt app functionality and cause delays or freezing.
- Disable any ‘Energy Saver’ modes in the Picture settings menu.
- Turning off energy saving will ensure your TV is running at full power without limiting resources for apps.
- Also, disable any sleep timers, screen savers, or auto power-down modes that can interrupt app usage.
Factory Reset the TV
A factory reset should clear any software bugs causing app problems if other troubleshooting steps don’t work. Back up important data before resetting.
- Go to the system settings on your Hisense TV and locate the ‘Factory Reset’ or ‘Reset to factory defaults’ option.
- Confirm that you want to reset the TV when prompted. The TV will reboot and erase all apps, settings, and data.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect to the internet and set up the TV from scratch.
- Reinstall any necessary apps and restore your backups. Check if the problem apps are now working properly.
Factory resetting will clean out any corrupted data and give you a fresh software environment. This resolves persistent software issues that prevent apps from working. However, you will have to redo your customizations.
Check for Software Updates
Hisense periodically releases firmware updates for smart TV models to fix bugs and improve performance. New updates could resolve your app problems.
- Go to the system settings to check for system updates. There is usually an ‘Updates’ option.
- If an update is available, start the download and installation process. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once updated, reboot your TV and try launching the problematic apps. The update may have included fixes for app issues.
- If your TV is up to date, check for updates again after a few days. New updates roll out gradually across regions.
Keep your Hisense TV firmware updated for the best performance. Updates often include resolutions for common app issues reported by users.
Enable Debugging/Logging and Check Logs
Most smart TV platforms have a debug or logging option hidden in the system settings. Enabling it will record app activity logs.
- Go to the system settings and look for a ‘Debug,’ ‘Log,’ or ‘Developer options’ menu. Enable debugging and logging features if available.
- Try reproducing the problem with the app.
- Review the app logs in the debugging menu to pinpoint where and why the apps fail. Errors during launch or loading content will be recorded here.
- Research the specific error online or contact app support with the debug information.
Debug logs contain valuable information for troubleshooting app problems on Hisense and other smart TVs.
Try a Different App
Determine if the issue is isolated to one app or happens with others.
- Open other installed apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Prime Video, and check if they work properly.
- If multiple apps cannot load content, the problem is likely with the TV software or network connectivity.
- Factory reset the TV if you haven’t already. Connecting apps share common software components. Resetting will fix system-wide issues.
- Suppose it’s only affecting one app, reinstall or update it. Narrow down problems to specific apps.
Testing different apps can help identify whether the root cause lies with an individual app or TV software.
Contact Customer Support
If you are still facing the Hisense TV app issues after trying all the troubleshooting steps, you can contact Hisense customer support. They can help diagnose problems specific to your TV model and offer solutions or arrange for replacement if needed. You can contact them online via email, phone, or chat.
Hisense smart TVs provide great entertainment features and streaming capabilities. But app issues can be frustrating to deal with. By following these troubleshooting tips, you should be able to get your favorite apps working again on your Hisense television. Proper app functionality will let you enjoy an immersive viewing experience.