Error code 0x800f020b can be found in Windows 10 or 11 Update when updating the system and usually occurs due to the device not being connected. Suppose you have a printer connected via USB to your PC, and you disconnected it. In that case, the error code 0x800f020b will appear during the update since the necessary components for the printer will not be able to install and update.
Ways to Fix Windows 11 or 10 Update Error 0x800f020b
1. Remove USB devices
Since the error code 0x800f020b is associated with external devices, remove everything from the USB ports of the computer and turn off the computer. After turning on the computer, plug everything back in and try updating. If it didn’t work, try to update first and connect everything.
2. Run troubleshooting
- Press Win + I to open settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional Troubleshooters .
- Run Windows Update.
3. Clearing the update cache
- Press Win + R and enter services.msc to open services. In Services, locate and right-click Windows Update, then select Stop.
- Next, follow the path C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStoreand delete all content in this folder.
- Next, start the Windows Update service and check if the error 0x800f020b is resolved.
4. Utility WU
Download a particular utility from Microsoft in the ” Fixing Errors in Windows Update ” section and run the troubleshooting procedure.
5. Install KB manually
Microsoft has a directory where you can download and install the update patch separately. This can help you bypass error code 0x800f020b. See our complete guide to manually installing updates.
6. Launching Media Creation Tool
Go to Microsoft’s official website and click ” Download Tool Now ” to download the Media Creation Tool. Start and select ” Update this PC now “.