Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services for watching TV shows, movies, and more. Hulu offers an excellent alternative to cable TV with a huge library of on-demand content and live TV options. Many modern TVs now have smart platforms that allow you to install streaming apps like Hulu directly on your TV. If you have a Hisense smart TV, here is a guide to getting Hulu.
Compatible Hisense Smart TV Models
Hulu is available on many Hisense smart TV models manufactured in 2017 and later. As long as your Hisense TV is a relatively recent model and has built-in WiFi connectivity, there’s a good chance you can get the Hulu app. Some compatible Hisense models include:
- Hisense Roku TV Models: R6, R7, R8 Series
- Hisense Android TV Models: H4, H5, H6, H7, H8, H9 Series
- Hisense VIDAA TV Models: U6, U7, U8, U9 Series
- Hisense XClass TV Models: X1, X2, and X3 Series
- Hisense Smart Models: H5570, H6570, H8 610, H9 Plus Series
Before downloading the Hulu app, you’ll want to double-check that your specific Hisense TV model number is listed as compatible. You can usually find the model number printed on a label on the back of your TV.
Connect Your Hisense TV to the Internet
You will need a high-speed internet connection to stream content from Hulu. Make sure your Hisense TV is connected to your home WiFi network.
From the home screen menu of your TV, select the Network option. This will display available WiFi networks that your TV can connect to. Select your home WiFi network name and enter the password when prompted.
Download the Hulu App on Hisense Smart TV
Once your Hisense TV is connected to your home WiFi network, it’s time to download the Hulu app.
On Roku TV models
- Use the directional pad on your Roku TV remote to highlight the Streaming Channels menu option.
- Select Search Channels and type in “Hulu.”
- When the Hulu channel appears in the search, select Add Channel to download it.
- Alternatively, you can add Hulu directly from the Roku Channel Store.
- Select Streaming Channels followed by Channel Store. Search for “Hulu” and then select Download next to the Hulu logo.
On Android TV models
- Use the direction pad on your remote from the Android TV home screen to highlight the Apps icon.
- This will display all available apps that can be downloaded onto your TV.
- Scroll through the list of apps until you find the Hulu app icon.
- Highlight Hulu and press the center button on your remote to select Download.
Install the Hulu App on VIDAA
- From the VIDAA home screen, choose the Apps icon. This will display the application store where you can browse and download available apps onto your TV.
- Scroll down the list until you find the Hulu app. Highlight the Hulu logo using your remote and select Download or Add to TV.
- The Hulu application will install within seconds. Once downloaded, you will find the Hulu app icon on the VIDAA smart home screen.
Install the Hulu App on Your XClass TV
- From the Android TV home screen, choose the Play Store icon. This will open the app marketplace.
- Search for “Hulu” using the on-screen keyboard. Highlight the Hulu app from search results.
- Select Install below the Hulu icon. The app will download quickly.
- Once installed, you can launch the Hulu app directly from the Android TV home screen.
On Other Hisense Smart TV
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to highlight the home screen’s Apps or App Store icon.
- This will open up the application marketplace on your TV.
- Search or browse through the App Store until you find the Hulu app.
- Highlight Hulu and press select on your remote control to download the app.
The download process only takes a few moments. Once installed, you will find the Hulu app icon on the home screen.
Log in to Hulu
After downloading the Hulu application on your Hisense TV, launch the app. You will be prompted to choose either Login or Start Your Free Trial.
If you already have a Hulu account, select Login. This will allow you to sign in using your existing Hulu email and password. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter your credentials and then select Enter.
If you are new to Hulu, choose Start Your Free Trial. You’ll need to provide some basic information like your email address, zip code, and date of birth. Follow the on-screen instructions to create your Hulu account and start your 1-month free trial.
Pick Your Hulu Package
Once you log in, you can choose which Hulu package you want. Review the options below:
Hulu Basic: Costs $7.99/month. Includes a full catalog of Hulu on-demand shows, movies, and Hulu Originals. Limited commercials. Does not include live TV.
Hulu Premium: Costs $12.99/month. Same on-demand catalog and Hulu Originals but with no commercial interruptions. No live TV.
Hulu + Live TV: Costs $69.99/month. Includes full on-demand catalog, Hulu Originals, and over 75+ live TV channels. DVR storage is included.
Use the navigation and select buttons on your Hisense TV remote to choose your preferred plan. Input your payment information to start watching.