As we all know, Gmail is a free email service introduced by Google that allows us to send and receive emails over the Internet. Are you looking for a way to open your Gmail inbox emails on a Windows 11 PC or laptop right on your desktop by clicking on the mail icon? Here’s how to install and set up the Gmail app in Windows 11.
How to create a Gmail desktop app in Windows 11
1. Go to Gmail under your account through the Chrome browser. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then click “See All Settings”.
2. Go to the “Offline” tab and enable offline access to mail by ticking this box. Select your preference for saving and deleting files below. If only you have access to your PC, then for better use, select the “Keep offline data on my computer” option.
3. Go to the Gmail mail on the main page, where the incoming and outgoing messages are, and click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner. From the menu, choose More Tools > Create Shortcut.
4. Check the “Open in a separate window” box and click create.
5. A shortcut to Gmail will appear on your Windows 11 desktop, which you can launch and be in your inbox immediately.
How do I uninstall the Gmail app?
If you decide to remove the Gmail application, open it, click on the ellipsis in the right corner, then “Remove the Gmail application”.
Note: If you are in a hurry to remove the Shortcut from the desktop and do not know how to launch the Gmail application back, then open the Chrome browser and go to the browser, then click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner and you will have a footnote “Launch Gmail application”.
Can I set up a Gmail account on Windows 11’s mail app?
You can add your Gmail account on Windows 11’s Mail App. To set up, open the mail app. Now tap on Add an account option and then select Google. You can now enter your Gmail ID and password from the default Mail application to access your Gmail account.