Windows Media Player 12 is available in almost all versions of Windows 11 by default and just needs to be installed. The player is not available in Windows N and NK editions, as these editions are intended for use in Europe and the commission forced Microsoft to exclude this player. Alternatively, the Media Player can be downloaded from the official Microsoft website if you didn’t have it, as Microsoft will soon get rid of it.
In this guide, we will analyze how to download the latest version of Windows Media Player 12 for Windows 11, and how to install it without downloading, since it is already in the system.
Steps to Install Windows Media Player on Windows 11
- In the search for the start menu, write “Windows Media Player” and click “Open”.
- Select “Recommended Options” and click done.
- Next, you will have Windows Media Player 12.
What to do if it is not in the search?
In some editions like HOME, Windows Media Player must be installed in the application components. For Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Press the Win + R key combination and enter optionalfeatures.exe .
- Find “Components for working with multimedia in the list, expand and check the boxes, click OK.
- Next, write in the search for Windows Media Player, as described above.
Download Windows Media Player for Windows 11
If your system does not have a Media Player, as it is from the N or NK editions, then you can download it from the official Microsoft website. If you have a 32-bit system, then select the first option, if x64, then Package_x64.msu.