The Minecraft community is eagerly awaiting the next major update after the groundbreaking 1.20 release earlier this year. Minecraft 1.20 brought long-awaited features like the Sniffer mob, camels, armour trims, and an archaeology system, delighting players. However, with the dust now settled from the monumental Caves & Cliffs update trilogy, players are curious about what Minecraft 1.21 will have in store.
Minecraft fans are excited and excited to see what Mojang has up their sleeves for Minecraft 1.21. Though the wait may be long, the creativity and imagination put into each update is always worth it for this beloved sandbox game. The potential seems endless for what Minecraft 1.21 could bring to our blocky worlds.
About the potential name for Minecraft 1.21:
Minecraft’s upcoming 1.21 update does not yet have an official name attached to it. Mojang has taken a different approach to naming in recent updates. For example, when Minecraft 1.20 was first announced in October 2022, it did not receive its Trails and Tales moniker until several months later.
This delayed naming could have responded to community feedback urging more focus on substantial features over themes. As a result, Mojang may continue this tactic of waiting to name the 1.21 update until well into development. They seem to prioritise crafting exciting new content before considering branding it with a title.
While we don’t know the eventual name Mojang will choose, that won’t stop fans from speculating about what overarching theme 1.21 could be built around based on hints about coming features. But we likely won’t hear an official update name anytime soon.
The developers seem focused on creating compelling gameplay changes rather than attaching a label. The name will come soon, but the community is more interested in seeing what’s next for Minecraft when 1.21 launches.
Minecraft 1.21 Release Date (Expected)
- Minecraft 1.21 update will likely release sometime in June 2024.
Here are some thoughts on the possible release date for Minecraft 1.21:
- Minecraft has had major updates roughly every year recently, with the last few being in June.
- The 1.19 The Wild update was released in June 2022.
- The 1.20 Trails and Tales update was released in June 2023.
- Therefore, it’s reasonable to estimate that Minecraft 1.21 could be released around June 2024, continuing the approximate annual cadence.
There’s not much official information from Mojang yet about the timing for 1.21. Based on past update cycles, the “possibly June 2024” note seems like a reasonable speculation. Major updates like 1.21 typically have a development cycle of around a year or more, so preparation work is likely already underway at Mojang. But concrete details and timing may not be announced until closer to the actual planned release window for 1.21.
Minecraft 1.21 Expected Features
– New slab, stair, and wall variants for terracotta and concrete blocks. These decorative blocks were added long ago but still lack variants.
– Potentially a new precious material stronger than nephrite, as teased in the Minecraft 1.20 background image. This could be an ore found in the End dimension.
– More wood types, like palm trees for deserts or baobab trees for savannas. These were mentioned in previous biome votes.
– Possibly a secret new dimension to which the ancient city portals could lead. However, Mojang has said they won’t add a new dimension until existing ones feel complete.
– An End update seems likely before a new dimension.
– More ambient features like biome-specific music to make the world feel more alive and immersive. The “Soothing Scenes” series suggests improvements to the ambience are coming.