In Windows 11, the start menu is centered by default, which would be a great user experience for macOS users, but not familiar to Windows 10 users where the start menu was on the left.
Ways to Move Windows 11 Start Menu to Left Side
If you want to move the icons on the taskbar and the start button itself from the menu to the left in Windows 11, then let’s see how to do it.
1. Through parameters
- Go to Settings > Personalization > Right Side Taskbar > Taskbar Behaviors .
- For Task Pane Alignment, select Left.
- The icons and start menu on the taskbar will move to the left edge.
2. Using the registry
Press Win + R and type regedit to open Registry Editor. In the registry, go to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced
- On the right, double-click on TaskbarAl and set it to 0 to align the start menu to the left.
- To return centered, set the value to 1.