Windows 11 does not provide the ability to pin icons of shortcuts from programs and games to the taskbar and start menu using drag and drop, but we will tell two ways how to pin any application to the taskbar and the Start screen.
Method 1: Pin an App to Windows 11 Using Context Menu
To pin any application to the taskbar or start menu in Windows 11 using the context menu, follow these steps:
- If you have a shortcut on the desktop that you want to pin, click on it and select ” Show advanced options “.
- Next, the classic menu will appear, where you need to select ” Pin to the taskbar ” or ” Pin to the start screen “.
- If you do not have a shortcut, you can go to the installed programs along with the path C: \ Program Files or C: \ Program Files (x86) and right-click on the exe file.
Method 2: Pin an App to Windows 11 Using Context Menu from the Start menu
To pin any application to the taskbar or Start screen in Windows 11 from the Start menu, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Start” menu and in the upper corner on “All Apps”.
- Next, find the program you need.
- Right-click on it and ” More “> ” Pin to taskbar ” or ” Start screen “.