Resetting your Frigidaire refrigerator is an easy process that can resolve a number of minor problems and get your appliance functioning optimally again. Resetting clears any glitches from the control board and resets all components to factory default settings. Here is a step-by-step guide for resetting a Frigidaire refrigerator.
When to Reset a Frigidaire Refrigerator
Some common signs that resetting your Frigidaire refrigerator may help:
– Inaccurate or fluctuating interior temperatures
– Ice maker not making ice properly
– Water dispenser drips slowly or not at all
– Error codes appearing on the display panel
– Unusual noises like loud compressor humming
– Interior lights flickering or malfunctioning
– Doors not closing properly or alarm going off unprompted
Resetting can recalibrate the temperature controls, ice maker, circuit boards, and other interior functions that may be malfunctioning. Try resetting your Frigidaire appliance before calling for repairs.
How to Reset a Frigidaire Refrigerator
Step 1: Remove All Food/Beverages
Before resetting, remove all food and drinks from the refrigerator and freezer compartments. This prevents spoilage if the power cycles off for an extended period during the reset sequence.
Step 2: Remove Shelves/Drawers/Bins
To access the reset button, remove any adjustable shelves, slide-out drawers, door bins and other removable accessories from the refrigerator interior.
Step 3: Locate the Reset Button
In most Frigidaire models, the reset button is a small round push button behind the refrigerator cabinet on the upper rear wall. It will be on the left or right side, near the top.
Refer to your owner’s manual for the exact location if unsure. It is sometimes concealed behind a screw-on cap.
Step 4: Press and Hold the Reset Button
Press and continue holding the reset button for 3-5 seconds. You may hear a click when the reset sequence initiates.
Keep holding the button down until the refrigerator powers down completely. Release the button once the lights and display go dark.
Step 5: Wait 30 Seconds
With the reset button released, wait approximately 30 seconds. This allows time for the reset to complete through all refrigerator components fully.
Step 6: Power the Refrigerator Back On
After waiting 30 seconds, the refrigerator will turn itself back on. The lights, controls and internal computer will restart.
The temperature settings will reset to the factory defaults, which are often colder than desired.
Step 7: Reload Food/Beverages
Before returning food and beverages, allow the refrigerator to cool down for about 10 minutes after restarting. Then you can safely put everything back in place.
Step 8: Reconfigure Settings
After resetting, check that the refrigerator is cooling properly. Adjust the temperature controls up or down as desired.
You may need to reprogram other settings, like water filters and WiFi connectivity, that were cleared during the reset.
Helpful Reset Tips
– Try resetting your refrigerator before calling for repairs – it often resolves minor issues.
– Allow 24 hours after resetting for optimal temperature regulation and function.
– If problems persist after a reset, contact Frigidaire customer support for additional troubleshooting.
– For optimal performance, do a reset about once every 6 months to clear any minor control board errors.
– If your refrigerator was recently unplugged or experienced a power outage, do a reset to recalibrate ice makers and temperature sensors.
– Locate your refrigerator’s owner’s manual for the exact reset button position if you have difficulty finding it.
Resetting takes just a few quick minutes and can fix many common refrigerator problems. Give it a try before arranging costly servicing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does resetting delete my programmed settings?
Resetting clears custom temperature controls, alarm times, and other programmable features back to default factory settings.
2. How long should I hold the reset button?
Hold the reset button for 3-5 seconds until the refrigerator powers down, then hold it for 30 more seconds as it resets.
3. Where can I find the reset button?
The reset button is usually located behind the control panel on the interior upper back wall of the refrigerator cabinet, left or right side.
4. What settings should I check after resetting?
After resetting, check the temperature controls, water filter status, ice maker settings, WiFi connectivity, and door alarm.
5. Is it safe to reset while the refrigerator is running?
The refrigerator is designed to be reset while still plugged in and operating. The reset sequence includes a controlled power cycle.
6. Can resetting break my refrigerator?
No, resetting will not damage the refrigerator when performed according to the steps provided. It simply restores factory settings.
7. How long should I wait to plug the refrigerator back in after resetting?
There is no need to unplug the refrigerator. The reset process cycles the power internally. Just leave it plugged in throughout the process.
8. Why is my fridge making noise after resetting?
Some increased noise is normal during the 24 hours after resetting as components recalibrate. Call for service if noises persist beyond 48 hours.
9. Will resetting fix the error codes displayed?
Yes, resetting your refrigerator should clear any error codes or alert messages that may be appearing on the control panel.
10. Does resetting affect freezer burn?
No, resetting will not have any effect on existing freezer burn. To avoid freezer burn, make sure to wrap foods tightly and check old items.
1. Reset a malfunctioning Frigidaire refrigerator before arranging costly repairs.
2. Press and hold the reset button located inside the refrigerator cabinet for 3-5 seconds.
3. Hold the reset button down for 30 more seconds as it powers off and resets.
4. Remove food/accessories before resetting and wait 10 minutes before reloading.
5. Allow 24 hours for optimal temperature regulation after resetting.
6. Reprogram any custom settings like temperature controls after reset.
Refer to your Frigidaire refrigerator’s owner’s manual for model-specific reset directions. Reset your refrigerator regularly every 6 months for optimal performance.