Windows 11 provides a new, redesigned Start menu that sits in the center of the taskbar. If in Windows 10 it was possible to resize the taskbar using the mouse, in Windows 11 this option is no longer there. For this reason, we will use the Registry Editor to resize the taskbar in Windows 11.
Resize Taskbar in Windows 11
Press the Win + R key combination and type regedit to open the Registry Editor. In the registry editor, go along the path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced
- Next, right-click on Advanced and “New”> “Parameter DWORD 32 bits”
- Name the new parameter TaskbarSi
- Now double click on TaskbarSi and set the value from 0 to 2
- 0 – small taskbar, 1 – medium, 2 – large
- Restart your PC or restart the File Explorer process in Task Manager
Note: If you want to revert everything back, then simply remove the TaskbarSi parameter .