Ahead of the official launch, a new Vivo Y83 device has been listed in China Telecom website. The listing shows the phone renders, specifications, pricing details and its release date. The Vivo Y83 also certified by Tenaa on May 3, 2018.
Update: The Vivo Y83 announced officially. The device features a 6.22-inch display with a resolution of 1,520 x 720 pixels. It comes with an aspect ratio of 19:9. It has almost non-existent bezels on the two sides and top, and a slim chin. MediaTek Helio P22 SoC powers the device. There are 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage and expandable up to 256GB by a microSD card. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo, and also comes with Face Unlock functionality. In the camera department, there is a 13MP rear with f/2.2 aperture and a LED-flash, and an 8MP front with features like AI Makeup & beauty effects. It is powered by a 3,260mAh battery.
As per China Telecom Listing,
- Device Name: Vivo Y83
- Dimensions (mm): 155.21×75.24×7.7
- Battery capacity (mAh): 3180 Lithium Battery
- Weight (g): 149.2
- Colours: Aurora white, night black, Glamour Red
- Screen size: 6.22-inch
- Resolution: 720*1520 Capacitive Touch Screen
- Processor: It is powered by an octa-core processor clocked up to 2.0GHz
- AP model: MT6762
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal storage: 64GB
- Expandable storage: 256GB
- Rear camera: 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- Front camera: 8MP front-facing camera
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- OS: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1
- Price: 1498 Yuan
The passed certification hints that Vivo Y83 will be launched in China and only a few weeks away from the official launch. As per China telecom listing, the smartphone is expected to be released in China on May 20.