Microsoft is focusing resources on the next major release of Windows, but that does not mean it will abruptly stop the development of Windows 10. Users accessing the Insider program have been testing test builds of the next Windows 10 feature update for a few weeks now. The 21H2 version will be released in the second half of the year.
Windows 10 21H2 ISO Release Date
Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 10 21H2 or the second feature update of the year intended for users will be released despite the arrival of the final version of Windows 11. Windows 10 21H2 is being distributed to members of the Windows Insider program and will be released in its final form to all users between October and November next
Microsoft will continue to release periodic updates such as Windows 10 21H2 until October 2025, the date on which the operating system will no longer be supported and will be abandoned (subject – for professionals and companies – to the possibility of joining the ESU paid program, Extended Security Updates, which will likely allow you to receive security updates until 2028 at the latest).
As for Windows 10 21H2, it is already known, as clarified by Microsoft, that this update will be supported for 18 months from the release date in the case of the Home and Pro editions, for 30 months in the case of Windows 10 Enterprise and Education.
Download Windows 10 21H2 ISO Build 19044.1379
- You can download Windows 10 21H2 (19044.1379) official ISO image from Microsoft’s official website (Insider account required).
- Alternatively, you can go to the UUP dump website.
- There you will get the direct unofficial link for 21H2 ISO.
- Scroll down and you will see the latest Windows 10 21H2 ISO 19044.1379 build.
- Now click on the new build > Select Language > Select Edition.
- Now select the “Download and convert to ISO” opinion and then create a download package.
- After that, you create a bootable drive.
Update November 16: Microsoft releases the KB5007253 update to the Release Preview Channel for those Insiders who are on Windows 10 with several bug fixes. This increases the version number to Windows 10 21H2 19044.1379. This update brings improvements from previosus build and fixed an issue related to error codes 0x000006e4, 0x0000007c, or 0x00000709 when connecting to a remote printer.
What’s new in Windows 10 21H2 ISO
There are a few innovations introduced with Windows 10 21H2
- Primarily Windows 10 embrace the WPA3 H2E ( Hash-to-Element ) standard, a protocol that promises a higher level of security against current and future side-channel attacks.
- H2E is a response to the Dragonblood attack: discovered in 2019, in some cases, it allows to trace the password used to protect WiFi networks with the WPA3 algorithm. Using H2E it is possible to make WiFi networks more solid by preventing unauthorized access.
- Windows 10 21H2 enhances Windows Hello for Business by supporting feature deployment and configuration models on new machines to enable passwordless authentication with pre-set security policies.
- The new feature update introduces the much-requested GPU compute support that allows WSL 2 users to accelerate the heaviest workloads within Linux virtual machines by using parallel processing to complete calculations faster by harnessing the full potential of the processor.
- There is a feature that facilitates certain cross-browser data transfers.
It is not known at this point at what pace Microsoft will continue to release feature updates after Windows 10 21H2. It is already known, in fact, that for Windows 11 it will release only one update of this type every year and it is, therefore, possible that for Windows 10 a similar pattern will be followed, at least initially.
Are you eligible for Windows 11? 21H2 update now tells you
Insider users who use the builds of Windows 10 21H2 entered in the Release Preview channel have recently noticed a piece of small news regarding the possible upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. In the Windows Update section, a message has been spotted that lets you know at a glance if your PC meets the minimum requirements required by Windows 11 (including dual-core 1GHz CPU, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage and TPM 2.0).