Microsoft released stable Windows 11 OS in late 2021 and confirmed that they would release a single feature update per year for both Windows 11 and Windows 10 OS. Now Microsoft is readying the first feature update for Windows 11 called Windows 11 22H2 (Sun Valley 2).
What is Windows 11 version 22H2?
Windows 11 22H2 is the upcoming feature update with several changes to the user interface, improved system stability, revamped taskbar, new features, and much more. The current version of Windows 11 is 21H2. As Microsoft has confirmed to release an annual feature update, the next feature update will be Windows 11 22H2.
Microsoft has released a cumulative update with Build 22621 to Windows to Insiders in the Beta Channels. The build is designed to test the servicing pipeline for the Dev Channel. With this build, Microsoft has confirmed the version number “22H2” for Windows 11 (See below screenshot). The latest build removes the watermark from the lower right-hand corner of the desktop. It should be noted the watermark may return to Insiders in a future build.
Windows 11 22H2 Release Date
Update August 16: Windows 11’s first major update Windows 11 22H2 will reportedly release to the public on September 20. As of now, Windows 11 22H2 has received two beta builds 22622.450 and 22621.450. The final version of 22H2 will likely ship with build 22621.
The Windows 11 22H2 feature update may be released to the public in September 2022. The 22H2 version with RTM Build 22621 is available in the Release Preview Channel to insiders. Another build 22621.100 for version 22H2 is also available to Windows Insiders via the company’s Beta Channels.
How to Download Windows 11 22H2 ISO?
- Join the Windows insider program via Settings> Updates and Security> Insider Program.
- Once you become a part of the insider program, you can experience Windows 11 22H2 prerelease builds right now.
- As the build is live for Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels, you can download the Windows 11 22H2 ISO 22621 from the UUP Dump website.
- On the UUP Dump portal, click on the required build.
- Select your desired language and edition.
- On the summary page of your selection, tap on Create download package.
- Now extract the downloaded zip file and execute the command file to get Windows 11 22H2 ISO.
Note: Windows 11 22H2 ISO is currently not available to the public. So, as of now, you can’t download via Windows Update or Windows 11 Installation Assistant on eligible PCs.
Best Windows 11 22H2 Features You Should Know
- Windows 11 22H2 offers “Search Highlight” to the Start menu.
- Now you can add more pinned apps to the Start menu and reduce recommended items.
- It brings App Folders to the Start Menu.
- Drag and drop files on pinned apps in the Taskbar.
- The update brings the “Share this window” feature.
- You will get a new charging icon that looks clean and readable.
- You can apply the “Vivid” colour profile via the Quick Settings panel.
- The 22H2 version includes a new tabbed File Explorer.
- Folder Previews (shows a preview of files) are added to the Windows 11 22H2 update.
- The new Task Manager supports both light and dark modes.
- Windows Spotlight is a new feature in the 22H2 version.