Microsoft released stable Windows 11 OS in late 2021 and confirmed that they will release a single feature update per year for both Windows 11 and Windows 10 OS. Now Microsoft is readying the first feature update for Windows 11 called Windows 11 22H2 (Sun Valley 2).
What is Windows 11 version 22H2?
Windows 11 22H2 is the upcoming feature update with several changes to the user interface, improved system stability, revamped taskbar, new features, and much more. The current version of Windows 11 is 21H2. As Microsoft has confirmed to release an annual feature update, the next feature update will be Windows 11 22H2.
Microsoft has released a cumulative update with Build 22610 to Windows to Insiders in the Dev and Beta Channels. The build is designed to test the servicing pipeline for the Dev Channel. With this build, Microsoft has confirmed the version number “22H2” for Windows 11 (See below screenshot).
Windows 11 22H2 Release Date
The Windows 11 22H2 feature update may be released to the public in August 2022. The build will reportedly be completed in May 2022 (It will likely reach RTM this month). As of now, version 22H2 is available to Windows Insiders via the company’s Dev and Beta Channels. The current build is 22610.
How to Download Windows 11 22H2 ISO?
- Join the Windows insider program via Settings> Updates and Security> Insider Program.
- Once you become a part of the insider program, you can experience Windows 11 22H2 prerelease builds right now.
- As the build is live for Insiders in the Beta and Dev Channels, you can download the Windows 11 22H2 ISO 22610 from the UUP Dump website.
- On the UUP Dump portal, click on the required build.
- Select your desired language and edition.
- On the summary page of your selection, tap on Create download package.
- Now extract the downloaded zip file and execute the command file to get Windows 11 22H2 ISO.
Note: Windows 11 22H2 ISO is currently not available to the public. So, as of now, you can’t download via Windows Update or Windows 11 Installation Assistant on eligible PCs.