Installing Windows 11 requires a TPM chip and is enabled in the BIOS. In addition, a secure boot is required, which must also be enabled in the BIOS. If the requirements are not met, then the PC Health Check tool to check the compatibility of PCs with Windows 11 will generate an error ” Windows 11 cannot be installed on this computer. ”
TPM bypass and Secure Boot to install Windows 11
If you do not want and are afraid to enter the BIOS settings or you do not have TPM, then in this manual we will analyze how to bypass the requirements in order to install Windows 11.
1. Replacing appraiserres.dll
You need to take the appraiserres.dll file from the Windows 10 ISO image and copy it to Windows 11. Here is the solution:
- You need an ISO image of Windows 10. If not, download it from the official Microsoft website.
- Next, right-click on the ISO and select connect.
- Go to explorer and you will find the connected Windows 10 image.
- Go to this disk and go to the sources folder.
- Next, find the appraiserres.dll file and copy it to the Windows 11 USB flash drive in the same place with the replacement, sources.
2. Create BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck
Press the Win + R key combination and type Regedit to open the Registry Editor. In the registry, go along the path:
- Right-click the Setup folder and New> Section.
- Name the new section LabConfig.
- Next, select the LabConfig folder with one click.
- On the right side, right-click on an empty field and “New”> “32-bit DWORD Value”.
- Create two parameters named BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck.
- Double click on each parameter and set 1.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Note: If you have already started installing Windows, then press Shift + F10 during installation to launch CMD. At the command prompt, enter regedit to launch the Registry Editor.