Paramount+ has become one of the most popular streaming services, offering a wide selection of movies, TV shows, sports, and more. However, many Samsung Smart TV users have reported issues installing the Paramount+ app on their devices. If you are facing problems getting Paramount+ on your Samsung TV, don’t worry – this guide will walk you through various solutions to get the app up and running.
What Causes Paramount+ Can’t Install on Samsung TV?
There can be a few reasons why Paramount+ fails to install properly on Samsung TVs:
- Incompatible Samsung TV model – Paramount+ may not be supported on some older Samsung TVs. It requires Samsung TV models from 2016 onwards that run Tizen OS.
- Region locking – The Paramount+ app has geographic restrictions and may not be available in your region.
- Software bugs – Some software bugs or glitches in the Paramount+ app, Samsung TV firmware, or Tizen OS could prevent installation.
- Connection issues – Problems with your internet connection, Wi-Fi dropouts, or insufficient bandwidth can disrupt app installation.
- Samsung account issues – Problems with your Samsung/Smart Hub account can block app downloads and installations.
- Storage space limitations – If your Samsung TV has insufficient storage space, it may fail to install new apps like Paramount+.
What to Do When Paramount+ Not Install on Samsung TV
1. Check Samsung TV model compatibility
First, you need to check that your Samsung TV model is compatible with the Paramount+ app. The app is currently supported on 2016 Samsung TVs powered by Tizen OS. If your TV is an older model, Paramount+ installation will fail. You need a newer Samsung TV to use the streaming service.
2. Check your geographic location and region
Due to content rights and availability, the Paramount+ app has geographic restrictions. Make sure Paramount+ is available in your country or region. The service has recently expanded to more countries, so check their website to see supported locations. If your region is not listed, Paramount+ installation will not work on your Samsung TV due to region locking. Consider using a VPN to bypass restrictions.
3. Update your Samsung TV’s software
One common reason for Paramount+ installation failure is an outdated firmware version on your Samsung TV. Go to your TV settings, select Support or System Update, and check if any software updates are available. Install the latest firmware update from Samsung to fix bugs that may prevent Paramount+ from installing correctly. Keep your TV’s software up-to-date.
4. Reboot your Samsung TV and Modem/Router
Simple steps like rebooting your television and internet modem or router can sometimes resolve app installation issues. Unplug both devices from power for 1 minute. After the restart, try installing Paramount+ again. Rebooting can clear any software glitches stopping the app from downloading properly.
5. Switch to a faster internet connection
Slow internet speeds and bandwidth issues also obstruct app downloads and installations. Ensure your Wi-Fi or internet connection is strong enough to install Paramount+ smoothly. If using Wi-Fi, move your TV closer to the wireless router or connect via ethernet instead for faster speeds. Alternatively, switch to a fiber, cable, or 5G home internet connection.
6. Reset your Samsung Smart Hub account
Resetting your Samsung account associated with Smart Hub can fix any account-specific problems that prevent installing apps. Go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub. This will sign you out and reset Smart Hub services. Re-enter your Samsung account details and try installing Paramount+ again.
7. Clear data and cache for Galaxy Store
Open Apps, select Galaxy Store on your Samsung TV and choose Clear Data and Clear Cache. This will wipe out any corrupt data that could interfere with installations from the Galaxy Store, where the Paramount app is downloaded. Try reinstalling after clearing Galaxy Store data/cache.
8. Free up storage space on your Samsung TV
If your TV’s internal storage is full or almost full, it will block installing new apps. Check storage under Settings or System and delete unused apps, videos, or games you don’t need to free up space. Several GBs of free space are ideal for installing large apps smoothly. Move content to external storage if possible.
9. Factory reset your Samsung TV
If all else fails, the nuclear option is performing a factory reset on your Samsung TV. This will wipe the TV back to factory default settings, resolve any deep-rooted software issues, and give you a clean slate to install Paramount+. Back up your Samsung TV settings before resetting. Go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset TV to Factory Settings. After resetting, set up your TV from scratch and test the Paramount+ installation again.
Installing Paramount+ on your Samsung Smart TV can sometimes run into problems, but there are quite a few fixes you can try. Start by checking for incompatible models, geographic restrictions, or outdated software. Rebooting your TV and modem, using faster internet, resetting accounts, clearing app data, freeing up storage, and factory resetting should help resolve more stubborn Paramount+ installation issues. Patience and systematically trying these troubleshooting steps will eventually get Paramount+ up and working on your Samsung TV.